A COOKBOOK FOR CHILDREN
It is important that children learn how to take care of themselves while growing up.
One aspect of growing up is learning how to make healthy snacks and simple
meals. You must also learn safety in the kitchen and cleanliness. Enjoy the recipes
and share them with others.
This book is dedicated to my mother Marion Dula. She loved cookbooks and
collecting recipes. Her recipes span from generation to generation. She helped
me put these recipes together before she passed April 25, 2016. I loved her yeast
Tips for preparing food
1. Always wash your hands.
2. Always wash fruits and vegetables before using.
3. Use cutting board to chop or slice.
4. Never use wet hands to plug in appliances.
5. Always clean up after yourself.
6. Never use items to eat that fall on the floor.
7. Ask permission from your parents before using the stove or microwave.
8. Children under 10, ask your parents or older brothers or sisters to help you
prepare these recipes.
4 tablespoons=1/4 cup
8 tablespoons=1/2 cup
12 tablespoons=3/4 cups
16 tablespoons=1 cup
4 cups=1 quart
16 ounces=1 pound
32 ounces=1 quart
1 liquid ounce=2 tablespoons
8 liquid ounces=1 cup
1 stick of butter=1/2 cup
2 sticks of butter=1 cup